This bread is really no more complicated to bake than a lot of other brads I have been baking, nor the preparation follows a specific process, but it turned out so well I decided to post it anyway.
- 2 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1 and 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 spoon dry yeast
- 1 spoon sugar
- 1/2 spoon fennel seed (do not exaggerate, they have a pretty strong flavor!)
- First I dissolved my yeast in warm water and added a bit of sugar to facilitate yeast activation.
- Second I added in my flour, salt and fennel seed.
- Third I mixed the bread until flour and water were well combined and kneaded briefly the dough into a smooth ball (about 1 minute).
- Left everything to rest for about 8 hours.
- Finally I formed the bread into a baguette kind of shape, turned on the oven at 450F and cooked for about 30 minutes.
- It turned out awesome with all the little holes and everything!
This entry was posted in Bread
. Bookmark the permalink