Tritip roast with asparagus stuffing

For Easter I was invited at a friend’s place and I decided to cook something springy and festive and for some reason I decided that that something had to be tritip roast stuffed with some green vegetable. I knew the host of the party was going to cook spinach so those were out, zucchini don’t make for great filling material, so I decided to go with asparagus. And there it was: tritip roast with asparagus stuffing!

By the way this was my favorite recipe for April and I am sharing it on YBR: please stop by Nancy’s site and have a look at all the wonderful recipes posted for April!

Tritip roast with asparagus stuffing

Cook Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes

Tritip roast with asparagus stuffing

• 2lb tritip roast
  • 1 bunch asparagus
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup pecorino
  • 1/2 lb ground pork
  • pepper
  • EVOO

1. First I prepared the stuffing. The stuffing is really easy to make: you cook the asparagus and then mix them with the other ingredients. Slice the asparagus and cook them in a pan with a bit of oil.
  2. After a couple of minutes season the asparagus with salt and add a bit of water to help them soften up. Cook the asparagus until tender. In a bowl combine the asparagus with grated pecorino, ground pork, egg, salt, pepper and enough bread crumbs to make the stuffing
  3. Now cut a pocket in the tritip roast by sliding a knife into the center of the roast from the short side and cutting toward the sides of the roast. Be careful not to cut through the meat.
  4. Now fill your roast with the stuffing and suture the cut using white tread. Wrap the leftover stuffing in parchment paper and close it using some cooking tread.
  5. Cook the tritip roast and the stuffing salami on the stove. Season the roast with salt and pepper and put it in a pan with the stuffing and a bit of olive oil. Sear the meat and, when the roast is well browned on all sides, add a splash of white wine. Cover the pan and let the roast cook for about an hour. Let the roast rest for a bit to absorb its juices and then slice thinly and serve.
  6. By the way, this roast is good also cold.

This entry was posted in Beef, Entrée and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Tritip roast with asparagus stuffing

1. beti says:

this is just a perfect idea for dinnet, you have everything and it sounds pretty good

2. Pingback: Seven Links Challenge | An Italian cooking in the Midwest

3. Kimby says:

Love asparagus, love stuffed roasts — you combined the best of both — definitely will make this. Thanks, Pola!

4. Spicie Foodie says:

Also new to me, thank you fro teaching us all. The presentation is gorgeous. Thanks for participating in April's YBR :)

5. Pola says:

@ Frank and Our Eyes eat first: I have started doing this thing where I compare meat cut maps in Italian and in English to find what cut of meat I need for specific recipes and so I found tri-tip roast!

6. Gourmantine says:

This looks incredible! It's nice to come across original ideas for using asparagus when there are so many around! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

Looks delicious! And I've learned a new culinary term: the tri-tip. Believe it or not, I had never heard of it (in English)!

8. Our Eyes Eat First says:

Pola – Tritip roast is new to me! Thanks for introducing it and it seems lovely paired with the asparagus : j – Jas

9. Sandra says:

This looks wonderful, and you are right so Springy…looks like a flower! Great recipe too! Nicely done!

10. Diethood.com says:

Oh my goodness gracious … this sounds wonderful!!! Asparagus, pecorino, pork… incredible!

11. Indonesian In Turkey says:

Hello Pola… how are U?
    I have something for you at my blog, check it at: