Mushroom quesadilla

What to do for a quick light lunch? I decided to make a mushroom quesadilla with few cheese and a lot of mushrooms. I managed to get a delicious little sandwich crispy and melty, light and hearty, cheesy and vegetable-y. Very satisfying and still light.

Mushroom quesadilla

• 2 tortilla
  • 1/2 lb mushroom
  • 1 oz cheese (I used manchego)
  • parsley
  • EVOO

1. First I cooked my mushrooms. I warmed up a bit of oil and added in a garlic clove to flavor it a bit. When the garlic was well browned I added the sliced mushroom. I seasoned with salt and parsley and added a bit of water to help the mushroom cook and soften up. After about 5 minutes the mushrooms were soft and flavorful. At this point I added a bit of finely diced cheese and quickly mixed. Next I took the mushroom out of the pan and put in my tortilla. Don't clean up the pan, the tortilla will absorb the juices from the mushroom and become much more flavorful. I stacked the mushrooms on top of the tortilla and added another tortilla on top. I pressed down with a lid to flatten out the quesadilla and to help it crisp up. After about 1 minute I flipped it over and cooked it for another minute

This entry was posted in Entrée, Vegetarian and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Mushroom quesadilla

Quesadillas are a great standby, so versatile, so tasty!

2. Diethood.com says:

This sounds like a fantastic meal! I love mushrooms and I love cheese…score!

3. Cheryl and Adam @ pictureperfectmeals.com says:

I eat a quesadilla almost every day for lunch, just love them! Usually I make them out of whatever is left over from dinner the night before, so there have been some interesting ones I assure you, but I haven't done mushroom, can;t imagine why, so I thank you for this delicious recipe for tomorrow's lunch!

4. Erin says:

Love mushrooms! I have learned to cook my mushrooms ahead of time before making quesadills, otherwise very soggy!

5. Christine's Pantry says:

Mushroom quesadilla sounds great. I want one. 🙂

Congrats on the award!

Christine
    Christine's Pantry

Buonaaaa! Did you say mushroom and cheese?? Can I have one please?? 🙂
    To let you know how much I appreciate your blog, I have an award for you… you can find it here: http://www.manusmenu.com/macarons-with-white-chocolate-and-mint-ganache
    Have a great day!