Another pasta dish, simple and tasty. Maybe I should start a series on this pasta dishes great for quick lunches or fast dinners that are ready in 20 minutes. What I love about this pastas is that the sauce is so fast that they are ready in the time needed to cook the pasta and they taste so much better than something out of a can, frozen or microwaved. And seriously it takes about the same time.
- 1/4 lb pasta per person
- a bunch of your favorite greens
- 1-2 spring rosemary
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- grated parmesan or pecorino (optional)
- First start the water and clean the greens. I used a leafy kind of choi I don't remember the exact name, but it looks similar to broccoli rabe, anyway any kind of green works for this pasta: spinach, mustard greens, broccoli rabe, turnip greens... I would suggest to pick a variety with tender leaves but other than that feel free to pick your favorite.
- When the water starts boiling salt it and add the greens and the pasta. I suggest a short kind of pasta like penne or rigatoni. Let everything cook until pasta is ready (check instructions on packet, but it should take about 10-12 minutes). While pasta cooks, warm up some oil with rosemary, and a couple of crushed garlic cloves. If you like it add also a bit of chili flakes. When pasta is ready drain the pasta and greens and toss them in the pan with flavored oil. Serve immediately and season to taste with pepper.
- You can also add a bit of grated cheese to your pasta. Parmesan or pecorino would be my suggestion.
This entry was posted in Pasta
. Bookmark the permalink