Simple grape tarte

Today I made a very simple tarte starring grape as its main ingredient. The cake is just fruit in a shell, but works beautifully and tastefully. I would think is a great way of getting picky eaters to eat fruit. I am not a picky eater, but like it a lot! And BF already had 2 slices…

Simple grape tarte

Cook Time: 1 hour

• 1/2 lb flour
  • 3 tbsp EVOO
  • 3-4 tbsp water
  • 2-3 cups grape
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1-2 spoons sugar

1. First I prepared the dough for the cake. I simply mixed the flour with the water, the olive oil and a pinch of salt, just because a pinch of salt makes everything better. I mixed until smooth and then I rolled out the dough in a thin round. I placed the dough in an oven dish lined with parchment paper.
  2. I then washed the grape and placed it on the dough. I sprinkled the sugar on top and placed the cake in a 385F oven for about 1 hour. The grape will release a bit of liquid, so wait until the cake cools down so that the liquid can solidify a bit making cake eating much easier.
  3. Perfect cake for breakfast, dessert or afternoon break. Fruity, light and simple.You can serve it with Chantilly or ice cream to make it a bit more decadent.

This entry was posted in Cake, Dessert and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Simple grape tarte

1. Nami @ Just One Cookbook says:

How interesting! I don't think I ever seen grapes as ingredients for tarts, but it's actually brilliant! If this is your favorite, then I should give it a try! Bookmarking this recipe.

2. Pola says:

Baked grape is actually awesome! Probably my favorite baked fruit. You guys should give it a try!

3. Kate@Diethood says:

I love fruit tarts, but I have never had one with grapes! Thank you, Pola, for the inspiration…can't wait to eat my grapes in a tart!!

4. Erin says:

Fruit tarts are so yummy! Never would have thought to make it out of grapes though. Looks wonderful!

5. Jill@MadAboutMacarons says:

I think I'd go for even more than a couple of slices ;-) This looks fabulous!

6. sara @ CaffeIna says:

I love dessert featuring grapes. They send me back home with my memory. And they are just so goooood! This tarte is irresistible.

7. Mary says:

This really is a wonderful idea. I am new to your blog so I've taken some extra time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you feature here and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings…Mary

8. Nuts about food says:

A friend of mine was just telling me that her aunt makes pizza (just the dough) with grapes. I have never had baked grapes, but after reading this recipe too, I really have to try.

9. Christine's Pantry says:

Great recipe! I love fruit tarts, and this one looks wonderful!

10. Sandra says:

I love fruit tarts, and this one with grapes looks very unique to me! Great combo and fantastic recipe!

Great idea. I love fruit tarts, they are my favorite… simple and tasty and they always look so pretty. I love that you are using extra virgin olive oil in the dough, I'll have to try that!