The best potato salad comes with the worst pictures I have taken i n quite a while, so I guess you’ll have to trust me and believe me when I say this potato salad tastes great.
This is a very simple potato salad that I threw together the other day when I was invited at a barbecue about 10 minutes before the barbecue started (which is also the reason the pics are not that good). Luckily I had boiled potatoes so I only had to come up with a dressing.
I took my inspiration from tartar sauce and mixed mayo with capers, pickles, onion and mustard and here is the result.
I brought it to a barbecue and it was a big hit!
I am sure most of you know Manu’s website and visit it often, but just in case you don’t go ahead and visit her blog: she has great recipes with great step by step pics!
Giulietta is a new blogger and she has great recipes from Italy but also from other countries (most recently India and France). Go check out her blog and show a new blogger your blog-love!
So 7 things you don’ know about me:
- I discovered Manu’s Menu when I was looking around for pics for pasta alla carbonara. I had to style my dish and was looking around for inspiration. I loved her photo, followed the link and started following her. Incidentally pasta alla carbonara is my favorite dish.
- I am trying to grow vegetables and herbs on the patio of my condo. I planted zucchini, eggplants, tomatoes, bell peppers, salad and all sorts of herbs.
- I never know if it is potatoes salad or potato salad, tomatoes pasta or tomato pasta and so on. Do you use singular or plural for the main ingredient in those sort of recipe titles?
- I am messy, very messy and I often have things laying around the house that should be in closets, cupboard and drawers. Most of the time I walk or work around them rather than putting them away, until I cannot move anymore an then I will put everything away.
- I recently started a facebook page, a twitter account for the blog and I started submitting pics to food porn websites. I am not much of a socialite and it took me a while to get onto social networking website and I am not much of a photographer (despite the great camera my dad gave me) so I am still working on making these new things work, if you have suggestion on how to get the most out of these, please let me know.
- I have two siblings that are twins and so in my family of five I am the odd member of the family… Also we are all graduate students (PhD for my brother and I and MD for my sister)… I guess we are a family of nerds!
- Last but not least I am not a huge sport person and many would think I am not outdoorsy with my Italian outfits, but I like any mountain related sport: skiing, climbing, hiking.
And now I am passing on this award to: