Marinated roasted peppers

One of my favorite thing to eat in summer are roasted vegetables. They are great for a number of reasons: they’reย healthy, fresh, light and in summer they taste great. Also they can be made ahead, and can be cooked in the oven, on the stove or on the grill.

I like marinating my roasted veggies, and each vegetable deserve its own. For peppers, I like to put in a bit of capers and a bit of anchovies. The saltiness of those ingredients balances off the sweetness of the peppers and yields a great side dish for red meat.

Marinated roasted peppers

Marinated roasted peppers

• 2-3 peppers yellow and red
  • 1 spoon capers
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 5 anchovies
  • oregano
  • EVOO
  • pepper
  • goat cheese (optio

1. Start by roasting your peppers. You can do it however you prefer, I washed mine and cooked them whole in the oven for about 30 minutes using the broiling function. Grill would work great as well if you have it on for cooking some meat.
  2. When the peppers are cooked, put them in a paper bag or a Ziploc, close it and let them cool down. This will make peeling much easier.
  3. In a small pan, warm up some oil and add in the crushed garlic and the anchovies. Let cook until the anchovies are melted and the garlic is soft. Add in the capers and the oregano and cook for another couple of minutes.
  4. At this point the pepper should be cool enough to be handled. Skin them, clean them and cut them in stripes.
  5. Arrange on a platter and dress with the warm dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper and, if you like it, add a bit of goat cheese. Check before adding the salt as most of the ingredients of the dressing are very salty.

This entry was posted in Almost vegan, Almost vegetarian and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Marinated roasted peppers

1. Pingback: Beans and roasted peppers

2. Pingback: #WorldOnAPlate: grilling | An Italian cooking in the Midwest

3. Such a great, simple, flavorful recipe! Thanks again for linking up at my pepper blog hop ๐Ÿ˜€ Also pinned!

4. Kimby says:

Looking forward to reading more of your posts! Great recipes and writing and photos!

5. Roxana GreenGirl says:

i love roasted peppers. when I find them on sale at the store I immediately buy a couple more.
    I usually marinate them in olive oil and a little vinegar, next time I'll try your way, love the addition of capers.
    Thanks for sharing Pola

6. Sandra says:

I can agree with you..roasted peppers are something that I really love especially this time of year! Your recipe is fantastic Pola! I really like it!

7. Jay says:

your recipe is too good..will surely try this..
    first time here..awesome blog you have..
    love your presentation..
    Am your happy follower now..:)
    do stop by mine sometime..
    Tasty Appetite

8. Kelly says:

What a great idea! Love this recipe!! ๐Ÿ™‚

9. Oh yes!! I looove this! I'm a huge fan of roasted veggies! My favorite is a ratatouille…I make that a lot during the winter months. ๐Ÿ™‚

10. Letizia Golosa says:

Perfect summer dish!

11. PolaM says:

yes Jill Nami is right it's Extra Virgin olive Oil. I guess I'll have to change that notation you're not the first one asking….

Ohhh buoni! I love the goat's cheese inclusion! It goes great with peppers! Lovely dressing too, I never make a warm dressing, I will have to remember to try it next time as I am sure it tastes fantastic!

13. Nami @ Just One Cookbook says:

I love roasted peppers. I even pick a sandwich if there is roasted peppers as one of the ingredients. I love the anchovies you added. That must be a great combination! Jill, EVOO = Extra Virgin Olive Oil. ๐Ÿ™‚

14. Jill Colonna says:

Oh, to be in Italy at this time of year. I also adore roasted veg in summer. Love your tip about the ziplock for the peppers. Tell me, what's EVOO? Adore the look of this and presentation is superb.

15. Nuts about food says:

That is a beautiful dish and I love all the ingredients, even more when they are combined.

Comments are closed.