No bake yogurt cake

Happy 4th of July! I have been leaving in the US for quite some time now, but this will be my first 4th of July I spend in the US. In the past years, I was always in Europe so I never celebrated 4th of July. I don’t know what I will be doing today yet, we were invited to a couple of barbecues and some boat trips, but we still haven’t decided what we will be doing.

In the mean time I prepared a 4th of July cake. It is super easy to make, you don’t have to even turn on the oven or the stove and it is super fresh. Perfect for a summer dessert.

No bake yogurt cake

Total Time: 4 hours, 30 minutes

No bake yogurt cake

• 2 (250 gms) yogurt tubs
  • 1 (200 ml) small heavy whipping cream carton
  • 20-30 graham crackers
  • 1/3 (about 30 gms) stick butter
  • 1 packet powder gelatin
  • fruit to decorate

1. First prepare a spring form pan by lining it with parchment paper. This is probably the most difficult past of the cake, as you want the paper to be smooth on the sides.
  2. Melt the butter in the microwave and blend it with the cookies until you get a mixture of damp cookie crumbs. Press the cookie mixture into the cake mold to form a base for your cake. Put the mold in the freezer while you prepare the filling to allow it to solidify.
  3. In a bowl warm the yogurt and melt the gelatin in the yogurt. Whip the heavy whipping cream and, when stiff, mix it well to the yogurt mixture.
  4. Take the mold out of the fridge and spread the yogurt mixture over the base. Put in the fridge to solidify for about 3-4 hours.
  5. When the cake has solidified, decorate with your favorite fruit. In honor of the fourth of July I used blueberry and strawberries.
  6. Keep the cake in the fridge until serving and put the leftovers back in the fridge.

This entry was posted in Cake, Dessert, Vegetarian and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to No bake yogurt cake

1. Helen Hejja says:

I love no bake cakes also.
    I just made one today,but I used Brown Cow Maple flavored yogurt for it.
    I hope it will good!

2. Pingback: No Bake Yogurt Cake « Food Frenzy

3. Juanita says:

I do so love fridge cheesecakes, and have never seen one made with yoghurt (which makes it SO much healthier than cream cheese). The berries are a lovely topping.

4. Kimberly says:

That is awesome! I've never seen a recipe quite like this one, but I love it! yum!

5. Perfect summer dessert! I love everything about this cake!!

6. Curry and Comfort says:

I love no bake desserts and this one is great. I ususally use cream cheese… but I love that you used yougurt so you definitely taught me something new. Great idea. : )

7. purabi naha says:

The cake looks beautiful and yummy! I think I should keep your blog bookmarked for my next party menu!

8. Tina @flourtrader says:

Neat idea, using yogurt for an icebox cake! The tang of the yogurt and sweet fruit makes an awesome flavor combination. Thanks for sharing.

9. Kelly says:

I love no-bake cakes and this recipe looks delicious!! Such a great summer dessert! 🙂

Yum! Great and refreshing dessert! Light and healthy too, perfect for summer! Hope you had a great long weekend! :-)))

11. Nicole says:

That's beautiful! Great summer cake. I bet the yogurt adds a little tang. Hope you enjoyed your first 4th of July in the States.

12. Nuts about food says:

Very pretty Pola! And healthy too, with all the yogurt, berries and graham crackers.

13. Nami @ Just One Cookbook says:

Wait, did you just say NO BAKE?!?!?! This must be for me then! Bookmarking the recipe. =) Looks pretty with the berries. Perfect for July 4th, but it was a bit late for me. Keeping this for next year (or maybe just anytime)!

14. Ruth says:

Thi looks fantastic with the 4th of July colours! The base and topping sound delicious!

15. I love this kind of no-bake cakes! They are perfect for summer 🙂