Happy 4th of July! I have been leaving in the US for quite some time now, but this will be my first 4th of July I spend in the US. In the past years, I was always in Europe so I never celebrated 4th of July. I don’t know what I will be doing today yet, we were invited to a couple of barbecues and some boat trips, but we still haven’t decided what we will be doing.
In the mean time I prepared a 4th of July cake. It is super easy to make, you don’t have to even turn on the oven or the stove and it is super fresh. Perfect for a summer dessert.
- 2 (250 gms) yogurt tubs
- 1 (200 ml) small heavy whipping cream carton
- 20-30 graham crackers
- 1/3 (about 30 gms) stick butter
- 1 packet powder gelatin
- fruit to decorate
- First prepare a spring form pan by lining it with parchment paper. This is probably the most difficult past of the cake, as you want the paper to be smooth on the sides.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and blend it with the cookies until you get a mixture of damp cookie crumbs. Press the cookie mixture into the cake mold to form a base for your cake. Put the mold in the freezer while you prepare the filling to allow it to solidify.
- In a bowl warm the yogurt and melt the gelatin in the yogurt. Whip the heavy whipping cream and, when stiff, mix it well to the yogurt mixture.
- Take the mold out of the fridge and spread the yogurt mixture over the base. Put in the fridge to solidify for about 3-4 hours.
- When the cake has solidified, decorate with your favorite fruit. In honor of the fourth of July I used blueberry and strawberries.
- Keep the cake in the fridge until serving and put the leftovers back in the fridge.
This entry was posted in Cake
and tagged fruit
. Bookmark the permalink