How to add a bit of flavor and fun to a simple chicken salad? Add a bit of spices!
The other day I did just that and made a salad using diced chicken, mixed greens and tandoori paste. It turned out great! The chicken was spicy and certainly not boring and the salad was the perfect complement to a strong main character.
Also I mixed up 2 kinds of curry paste and added a bit of yogurt which created the perfect degree of spiciness and a very smooth finish to the spiciness.
- 1 chicken breast per person
- 2 tbsp curry or tandoori paste (I used a mix of patak's curry paste and tandoori marinade)
- 1 tbsp plain yogurt
- mixed greens
- I started out by dicing the chicken. In a bowl I mixed the curry paste and the yogurt and then added the diced chicken. I mixed everything well so that the chicken was uniformly covered in the marinade, put a lid on the bowl and placed in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, I skewered the chicken adding 2-3 pieces of onion per skewer and placed the skewers in an oven dish with some of the marinade.
- I cooked the chicken in the oven for about 40 minutes at 370F. I took the chicken out and served over my mixed greens dressed with oil and balsamic vinegar.
This entry was posted in Chicken and Rabbit
and tagged chicken
. Bookmark the permalink