It’s the end of summer and you might have a bit of bruised up summer vegetables: peppers, eggplants, squash, tomatoes, zucchini… whatever it is you can use it to prepare a great risotto. For mine I used 1/2 and eggplant, 1 red pepper, 1 leek, 1 summer squash, 1 green and 1 yellow zucchini, and tomatoes. But add whatever you have, it’s gonna be good!
I love how this dish still has the colors and the flavors of summer, but takes you to fall. I hope you will enjoy it too!
Also I want to use this chance to thank Giulietta of Alterkitchen and Manu from Manu’s Menu for passing me the versatile blogger award and Paolo of Quatro Fromagio for passing me the Cannolo Award. Read on to discover 7 thing about me and see who I am passing the awards too.
Now onto the 7 facts about me:
- I am not much of a baker, but I just bought myself a red Kitchen Aid mixer and my last cake turned out amazing. I might become more of a baker soon!
- I recently went on my first diet ever to loose the 15lbs I put on in the last year thanks to blogging, working and not exercising…. it miraculously worked and now I know much more about calories.
- So far I have been to 16 of the US states: California, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Texas, Wyoming, South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, New York, New Jersey, Massachutses, Florida, Washington DC. Sooner or later I will visit them all!
- Continuing with the traveling, the southernmost place I visit is Singapore, the northernmost is Norway, the westernmost is California and the easternmost is Japan (even if I’m not sure it counts as I’ve only been at the airport for a couple of hours). If Japan doesn’t count then it is Hong Kong.
- I lived in 3 different countries: Italy, Germany and USA and I am fluent in those 3 languages (well I guess you already knew about at least 2 of those countries/languages).
- After all this traveling, I met my BF in the Midwest, but he is actually from a town 30 miles from mine (and my mum made fun of us unendingly because of this).
- Said BF thinks I have some sort of psychological disorder just because I like my pantry to be always more or less fully stocked and I almost never throw away food. Even if my last culinary experiment didn’t turn out great or the vegetables look a little bruised, I will find a use for them!
And I am passing the cannolo award for authentic Italian cooking on to: