Kabocha squash kebabs

I love winter squash. It is actually one of the things I love about living in the US in winter. In Italy we don’t have this variety of squash, we just get one type of pumpkin and that’s it. It is delicious but that is it. So it is fun for me to experiment with different kind of squash.

Today I am giving you kaboocha squash skewers. Sausage plays well with the sweetness of squash and kaboocha holds up well to grilling. The result is a simple and quick meal.

Kabocha squash kebabs

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 1 Serving

Kabocha squash kebabs

• 1 small kaboocha squash
  • 1 sausage

1. Cut the kaboocha into wedges, clean it of the seeds and put in the oven to roast at 400F for about 20 minutes or until soft.
  2. Cut the sausage into bite sized pieces and skewer it with the roasted squash. Using a very hot cast iron stove top grill, grill the skewers until the sausage is cooked through and serve hot.
  3. Simple, fast and delicious!

This entry was posted in Entrée, Pork and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Kabocha squash kebabs

1. PolaM says:

@Fr@ E' piu' farinosa e meno dolce della zucca italiana.

2. Fr@ says:

Chissà che sapore ha la zucca kaboocha?!
    Zucca e salsiccia mi piace molto. Un saluto. :)

3. Nuts about food says:

As much as I like the zucca – pumpkin – we get here in Italy, I am really envious when I read about all the lovely squash you get over there…another thing I miss are the sweet potatoes you get. The white variety we get here is tasty but does not look quite as pretty when you serve it.

4. Dewi says:

Seriously mouth watering. Love the caramelized look on that squash.

5. Assunta says:

Anche io amo moltissimo la zucca, e non sai quanto mi piacerebbe assaggiare la zucca che trovi lì!
    Gli spiedini hanno un aspetto delizioso! :)
    A presto!

6. Nami | Just One Cookbook says:

Now this is a great idea! I tend to buy kabocha every grocery shopping and my husband is getting bored with the similar recipes. I'm going to try this. It's easy and looks yummy!