Guest post at the German Foodie

Today I am guest posting for Sofie at the German Foodie.

I was very honored that Sofie asked me to take over her blog for a day while she enjoys some time off. I started following Sofie, a couple of months ago and immediately became a fan. She is such a great baker! And she is so enthusiastic about food and blogging that you cannot but admire her!

For the guest post I prepared a roasted vegetables and freekeh salad. With spring coming, I like to try out new, light, cold dishes that can be enjoyed in the warmer months. This time I used freekeh which is smoked green wheat. It is an Arab dish and is delicious! The grain has a distinctive smoked flavor that makes it a great base for a different grain salad. I find it much tastier than all the other grains including rye, barley and regular wheat. I suggest you give it a try. It will surprise you!

For the recipe hop on to Sofie’s home on the web.

This entry was posted in Almost vegan, Entrée, Guest post, Salad, Vegetarian and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Guest post at the German Foodie

1. Alida says:

Awesome dish! I am new to this and would love to try it. Thanks for sharing X

2. Will says:

That looks delicious!

3. This looks right up my alley! Simple, delicious, and nutritious!

4. Daniela says:

Una ricetta molto invitante. Non conoscevo questo tipo grano, vedo se riesco a reperirlo dalle mie parti. Un abbraccio Daniela.

Non lo conoscevo nemmeno io, ma e’ molto buono e molto particolare. Dovrebbe essere grano verde affumicato. Fammi sapere se lo trovi in Italia.

5. Gio says:

ma sai che non ho mai cucinato questo tipo di grano? chissà se qui si trova
    l’insalata è molto invitante!

6. Alda e Mariella says:

Mi piacciono le insalate , ma non ho mai sentito parlare di freekah, ma dall’aspetto si direbbe proprio che è molto gustoso!
    Un abbraccio!

7. Don’t you just love Sofie?? So clever and clever for choosing you! Off to visit Sofie’s place.

8. Aww two of my fav. expats :). Oh! By the way-my best friend is spending a semester in Europe, and she spent a little time in Italy. She loved it, I’m jealous. But also, she told me that I’d be happy to know there is no denying I’m Italian because everyone in Italy reminded her of me :) Yay!

9. Thank you for guest posting for me! It was great having you over! Now send me some of that delicious salad, please. :)

10. I’ve eaten freekah but never cooked with it. It sounds delicious!

11. Soni says:

Looks so delicious and healthy!!Btw I have an award waiting for you!!Check out my new post :)

12. Ramona says:

This really looks great!! I have never heard of freekah. I must give it a try.:)

13. alida says:

Hey this is great! A very good dish XX

14. Chiara says:

che bello hai avuto un altro invito, ti ho portato fortuna allora! buona Pasquetta!