What can I say? I am being terrible at keeping up with posting regularly… I am so bad that today my blog had forgotten me I had to go look for the login page and log back in! That is how long I haven’t been on my blog…. Well once again I have to ask for forgiveness. On the bright side, I come bearing gifts!
I’m doing my first giveaway ever! I was recently contacted by by Gold’n Plump, the largest chicken producer of the Midwest, and was asked to try their new line of chicken sausages. I accepted and a few days later the sausages were at my doorstep. They looked so good, I cooked some that same night. And the following night I made some more. And on the weekend I used them for my kebabs. The recipe I share is super simple and has only 3 ingredients: that shows much flavor there is in those sausages!
Have to say that contrary to all predictions, my favorite were the hot Italian sausages. I usually don’t like Italian sausages, but these one are so nicely flavored that I loved them. The fennel is not overpowering and the hot pepper gives them a little kick. The regular ones also have a surprising hint of lemon that makes them very light and refreshing. And they contain 50% less fat than pork sausages! And the lack of fat does not translate in lack of flavor or in dry sausages. They are pretty delicious even compared to regular sausages!
So onto the giveaway. Enter to win a sampler of Gold’n Plump chicken sausages.
- This giveaway is open to US residents only
- The givaway expires on June 12th at 12:00pm CST
- The winner will be randomly selected using the random number generator at random.org and announced on the post on Thursday June 14th
- Full disclosure: This giveaway is sponsored by Gold’n Plump.
Required Entry: please leave a comment on this post and tell me what you would do with these sausages.
- Follow Italian in the Midwest on Twitter, then leave a separate comment (even you are already following).
- Like Italian in the Midwest on Facebook, then leave a separate comment (even you are already subscribing).
- Twit “Come over to @ItalianMidwest http://www.italianinthemidwest.com/2012/06/sausages-greens-giveaway.html and win some chicken brats by @goldnplump”, then leave a separate comment.