#WorldOnAPlate: stuffed tomatoes

I have been absent. I was first in Chicago doing interviews (hope they went well I am still waiting to hear back on most) and now am in puerto rico enjoying a bit of R&R. But today is time for world on a plate and I am happy to post stuffed tomatoes.

The theme for this month was stuffed vegetables and I decided to go with a super easy recipe that used to be one of my sister’s favorite recipe as a child.

I love this recipe because it comes with a lot of memories and because it combines the sweetness of tomatoes with the saltiness of the capers. The result is delicious!

As I said the recipe is simple. So simple that I don’t even have doses. Just go by taste adding a bit of this and a pinch of that until you get the “right” flavor. Here right is what taste good to you so be brave and experiment. The only thing you should be careful about is not to add too much garlic so that you don’t overpower the other ingredients.

Oh remember to check out the other stuffed vegetables from around the world at the bottom of this post!

#WorldOnAPlate: stuffed tomatoes

#WorldOnAPlate: stuffed tomatoes

• tomatoes
  • bread crumbs
  • capers
  • parsley
  • olive oil
  • garlic

1. Cut the tomatoes in half and de-seed them.
  2. Salt the tomatoes and place them upside down on a board so they can loose part of the water.
  3. Chop the capers, garlic and parsley and mix with the breadcrumbs and olive oil.
  4. Stuff the tomatoes with the mixture.
  5. Drizzle with oil and bake in a 400F oven until the stuffing is golden brown and the tomatoes are cooked (about 15 minutes).

This entry was posted in Appetizer, Eggs, cheese and vegeterian, Entrée, Side Dish, Vegetarian and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to #WorldOnAPlate: stuffed tomatoes

1. Hyosun Ro says:

Not sure why I’ve never stuffed tomatoes before. Such a nice idea! Sorry about the delayed visit.

2. Hyosun Ro says:

3. I’ve never stuffed tomatoes! As a tomato lover, that’s a shame. =P Hope the interview went well, and good luck with the job hunting!

4. What great looking stuffed tomatoes!

5. Pola, you will LOVE Chicago! I hope you get the job! I lived and worked there for 5 years… time of my life! :) I was also in my mid twenties, no kids, no husband… ahhhh the good old days! ;-)

Pass me a tomato… or ten… I love stuffed veggies!

6. Ramona says:

Nominated you for One Lovely Blog Award… check out my 9-2-12 blog post. :)

7. Veru says:

I love stuffed vegetables: they’re so simple and so delicious you cannot fail!!!

8. Delishhh says:

This is the perfect time of year to make stuffed tomatoes, i have tomatoes everywhere in my garden. This is a great recipe.

9. I love how easy this recipe is! The flavours you have used also really pack a punch. Yummo!

10. I love stuffed tomatoes, and these look so good, especially since they’re full of capers. Yum! Enjoy R&R in Puerto Rico.

11. Dara says:

These look delicious! Well done. What is World on a Plate? It sounds tasty.

Very nice! Just the kind of simple but delicious cooking that I love. Great way to use the summer’s abundance.

13. Mariateresa says:

Try even replacing garlic with anchovy! The secret of our home recipe for stuffed tomatoes is to use a lot of parsley.

14. Louise says:

Just popped in from Katrina’s and sure glad I did. It just so happens I’m stuffing some tomatoes for dinner tonight. Yours look yummy!

15. Katerina says:

Good luck with your interviews, I hope you will have many offers! These tomatoes look perfect and the stuffing is very unusual!

The stuffing looks interesting.
    BTW good luck with the interviews

17. Mmmm love stuffed tomatoes. Great pick! And good luck with the job interviews and, even more fun, happy birthday!!!!

18. Ramona says:

Mmmm… I great way to use up my capers. Hope you are having a wonderful time in PR. My sister and her family just returned from a short vacation there too. :)