#CookedInTranslation: Quick Pizza

Today is the day of cooked in translation. As you might know, cooked in translation is a monthly event where we interpret a traditional dish. This month I am hosting and I chose pizza which doesn’t need many introductions. To participate link up your own pizza recipe at the bottom of this post, visit my fellow cooks in translation’s blogs and let your friends know!

For my version of pizza I made puff pastry pizza. Which is obviously pizza made using puff pastry instead of regular pizza dough and it makes for a very quick, yet delicious version of pizza. Hope you will enjoy it!

#CookedInTranslations: Quick Pizza

#CookedInTranslations: Quick Pizza

• 1 roll frozen puff-pastry dough
  • tomato sauce
  • your favorite toppings

1. Thaw the puff pastry.
  2. Top it with tomato sauce and your favorite toppings (I choose cheese and olives)
  3. Cook for about 30 minutes in a 400F oven
  4. Serve hot or cold.

This entry was posted in Appetizer, Snacks, Vegetarian and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to #CookedInTranslation: Quick Pizza

1. Puff pastry is so good! Never used it for pizza, but I’m about to! :)

2. We love puff pastries for pizzette, but have never tried making a whole puff pastry pizza. Thanks for the idea! Potato pizza is another favorite. Here’s a link: http://duespaghetti.com/2012/02/05/pizza-con-le-patate-rosemary-potato-pizza/

3. I always have puff pastry in my freezer (as that’s my way of baking) but the thought of using it for pizza never occurred to me even once! Could be tomorrow’s lunch… ;) Thanks for your idea!

4. WOW, looks amazing :) Love your blog

5. E come si fa a dire di no alla pizza, bravissima!
    Un abbraccio!

6. I like making it out of Lebanese bread too! Puff pastry is a great idea too! :D

7. Sounds wonderful, I lover the versatility of puff pastry!

8. Frank @Memorie di Angelina says:

Easy does it!

9. Gio says:

che farebbero ‘sti americani senza il tuo blog!? :D

10. Nice idea with puff pastry. I also love using a naan or flatbread as a basis for pizza :)

11. An interesting twist on the recipe and delicious, I’m sure. What could be bad about puff pastry!

12. Alida says:

Ottime queste pizze. Anche io le faccio e sono ottime per i party o anche per uno snack durante il giorno. Bella la presentazione. Ciao!
    PS: vieni a trovarmi al mio nuovo indirizzo, mi sono spostata.

13. Dara says:

Puff pastry? Great quick dough idea!

14. Pingback: Cooked in Translation - Albanian Pizza | LinsFood

15. LinsFood says:

I agree with Stacy, quick pizza & a glass of red! Mine’s up now, will go around and link up!

16. Soni says:

Love the idea of using puff pastry for pizza!So many possibilities of toppings here :)Love it!

17. Stacy says:

Is there anything better than pizza except quick pizza? I don’t think so! This look delicious, Paola, and with our all the time and effort of yeast dough. Love it!