#RecipeSwap: Pork and peaches

It’s time for the swap! And today we have been given quite the challenge: pork cake. And is not a pot pie it is an actual cake with molasses, ground pork and eggs. I rapidly decided that would not work for me. And I moved to another version of pork with fruit: pork cutlets with roasted peaches and capers. Might not be as vintage as pork fruit cake, but it has pork and fruit and more importantly it is delicious! And quick too.

I am curious to see what my fellow swapper made of this recipe! Really cannot guess. If you are curious too go check it out at the end of the post!

And quick is important to me these days because I’m quite busy and very stressed out and spend all my little free time sleeping and worrying. In case you are wondering part of the busyness comes from the two job interviews have lined up next week. And there will be another one coming in a little while. Hopefully something will work out.

By the way, so sorry I am not visiting all your fabulous blogs! And not answering comments and sometimes not even emails. I’m being an horrible blog-friend…

And sorry for the horrible pics.. BF broke my camera :(. On the bright side he bought me an iPad!!

Pork and peaches

Pork and peaches

• 6 thin cut pork cutlets
  • 2 peaches
  • 2 tbsp capers
  • 3 sprigs thyme
  • olive oil
  • pepper
  • white wine

1. Warm up olive oil in a pan and add in the thyme sprigs. When it is hot add the well seasoned pork cutlets and sear them.
  2. Once they are well seared, take the cutlets out and add the sliced peaches in the pan.
  3. Add the capers and then the wine and let the peaches cook.
  4. When the peaches are well cooked add the cutlets back in the pan and let them warm back up.
  5. Serve hot.

This entry was posted in Entrée, Pork and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to #RecipeSwap: Pork and peaches

1. Really easy and I bet it tastes great – I’ve had pork with peach before and I remember it was good. I didn’t cook it so I assume it was at a restaurant…. Pork always goes well with fruity flavors too. Thanks for the recipe!

2. Gio says:

ma che abbinamento originale, credo proprio che ne valga la pena!
    buona settimana!

3. Laura Rees says:

I can totally identify with “spending all your free time sleeping and worrying.” Hope things are going well, and getting easier!

4. Chiara says:

non ho mai provato un abbinamento così, sono curiosa di assaggiarlo! Buona domenica Pola, un abbraccio….

5. Mary says:

Nice job! I love fruit and pork together This was an excellent way to pull off what might have otherwise been a rough recipe to work with this time!

6. Natalia says:

Che abbinamento delizioso.

7. Dara says:

I think this is a great way to incorporate pork and fruit – that cake does not sound super appetizing…

8. Rachel says:

mmmm peachy! I can always use more easy, peachy recipes this time of year. As wacko as the original recipe was, it seems like it was easy for us all to adapt to our own style.

9. Jacqueline says:

I had the same reaction – “why, Christianna, WHY!?!?”. But love the ideas it inspired, some as simple and comforting as this. Yummy!

10. Stacy says:

I can imagine your feelings when you first read that recipe, Paola! I was scrolling through Google+ when I saw the first paragraph of your post and thought, “Oh, no!” You made a great swap and I am sure your pork cutlets were delicious!

Stacy

11. Looks wonderful, a great way to use the late season peaches!

12. alex says:

good luck! it’s tough when life gets busy, but great job getting the swap done! nice work!

13. Good luck with the interviews. Don’t eat any pork fruit cake the morning of. Who knows what it might do to your insides! :) GG

14. Monique says:

Fruit goes so well with pork- it’s a must! I really like the caper addition for a salty bite. Nice swap.

15. Lana says:

I don’t think that there are many of us that loved that recipe, but it was a great starting point for creating something different:)
    I like the idea of using peaches with chicken cutlets (it is very Central-European:) and yes, quick is what we need in this household, too!
    I hope at least one of those interviews turns into something wonderful for you. I’ll be starting my own quest any day now (I am very, very nervous!)