#CookedInTranslation: Seafood pasta

It is time to play with the Cooked in Translation recipe of the month. Each month a group of crazy bloggers gets together and plays with a classic recipe and offers an interpretation of a the dish that is in someway fusion. This month we are playing with fish soup and the original recipe that Stacy proposed was cajun redfish courtbuillon. Fancy, right?

And how does an Italian fusionize seafood soup? Simple: just add pasta! So that is what I did. And I took the ingredients of seafood soup and made a beautiful seafood pasta.

Hope you will enjoy it!

#CookedInTranslation: Seafood pasta

#CookedInTranslation: Seafood pasta

• 1 lb spaghetti or linguine
  • 1 lb mussels
  • 1/2 lb littleneck clams
  • 10-12 peeled shrimp
  • garlic
  • oil
  • saffron
  • parsley

1. Start boiling the water for pasta and cook it very al dente (about 3 minutes shy of the right cooking time).
  2. Meanwhile in a large pan or a wok, warm up some oil and use it to cook 2 clove of garlic keeping them whole. Once the garlic has browned, add in the mussels and the clams and sautee them for a couple of minutes until they open up. Get the clams out of the pan and filter their cooking liquid.
  3. Now warm up some more oil in the same pan, add two whole garlic loaves and when they are browned quickly cook the shrimp to the pan. Add back the shucked clams and their cooking liquid in which you dissolved the saffron. Save a couple of un-shucked clams to decorate
  4. Now add the semi-cooked pasta to the pan, add some chopped up parsley and mix well.
  5. Pour the dressed pasta on a sheet of aluminum foil and close the foil up in a packet so that the steam cannot escape. Add a bit of oil and water if the pasta is too dry. Place the foil packet in a hot oven for about 5 minutes.
  6. Serve piping hot.

Let us know what your take on fish soup is: link it up!

Powered by Linky Tools

Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…

This entry was posted in Pasta, Primi and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to #CookedInTranslation: Seafood pasta

1. “Just add pasta!” hehehe I LOVE that! :)
    Fish soup is something my mother makes thus I have never even attempted it. Yours sounds so so good!!

2. I looooove seafood pasta. That panful looks delicious!

3. Love seafood! The pasta must be very flavourful!

4. Adora says:

I love seafood pasta, maybe even more than meat pasta. I love the way you cooked the dish to lock in all the flavours.

5. what a beautiful dish! never heard of this alluminium “trick”. your invention or something typical from your region or something you learn from a chef? whatever it is, the result sounds and looks amazing!

6. I knew I’d have to keep reading once I read “fusionize”. What a clever dish and it looks really tasty.

7. Mila says:

Ciao penso proprio che il tuo blog possa essere un punto di interesse per chi vuole avvicinarsi al cibo stile mediterraneo, la’ dove vivi…molto bella questa pasta, complimenti

8. Seafood, and I’m there—YUMMY!!

9. Ramona says:

Wow… what a great presentation. :) Lovely seafood pasta!

10. Dara says:

Looks fabulous! Pasta improves everything.

11. I love pasta that has clams. The juice from clams is amazing! Your foil technique is interesting and I want to give it a try! Love simple but really great savory pasta like this.

12. Magda says:

I adore seafood and seafood pasta is so incredibly delicious! I love your dish, Pola!

I’d eat this in a minute. And I *won’t* share!!!

14. I find it difficult to pass up seafood pasta if I see it on a menu. I’m happy if it has a generous amount of seafood on it-like this one! :D

15. Kat says:

I love seafood dishes. This sounds like a really delicious idea, it reminds me of a seafood paella except with pasta (which is even better).

16. Oooh this sounds amazing. I love your technique of putting everything in a foil packet in the oven, so creative!

17. tina says:

li adoro,sembra di sentirne il profumo del mare….buona serata:)

18. Stacy says:

This reminds me of a lovely dish I enjoyed in Venice just a few months ago! I vowed to try to replicate it when I got home but, you know how those things go and, to date, I have yet to do it. So thanks for this, Paola. It looks delicious!

19. LinsFood says:

This is great, an original interpretation! Linguine and clams are always a hit for me, you can tell, I’m a vongole fan!