#SRC: Oatmeal Pancakes

It is Secret Recipe Club reveal again and I have been assigned to It’s Good to be the Cook. It took me a while to settle on a recipe. I had seen more than one interesting ideas. Topping the list there were the wasabi marinated salmon  and the cauliflower pizza crust, but then I saw these pancakes and I just had to try them.

First of all Beth raves about them. Then I checked the list of ingredient and it contained 3 ingredients I had to use or throw out by the end of this week: egg whites, oatmeal and cottage cheese. And last but not least I had never made pancakes before, crepes yes, but pancakes never.

Oatmeal pancakes

So I set out and prepared them for Sunday breakfast. And they were delicious! They were not spongy at all and they were super quick to make. I used instant oats because that is what I had at hand, but I suspect they would taste better with the regular oats because then you can flavor it to taste rather than having it taste how the manufacturer decided to try it.

Oh and I also have to announce the winner of the giveaway. And the winner is …. Manda! Congrats!

#SRC: Oatmeal Pancakes

original recipe by It's Good to be the Cook

• 3 egg whites
  • 1/2 rolled oats (I used instant)
  • 1/2 cup cottage cheese (I used quark)
  • 1 tsp baking powder

1. Blend all the ingredients.
  2. Cook the pancakes in a hot pan. I made 6 small ones.
  3. Serve with maple syrup.

and don’t forget to check what other SRC members did!

This entry was posted in Dessert, Vegetarian and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to #SRC: Oatmeal Pancakes

1. Just 4 ingredients! I’ve never had oatmeal pancakes. Sounds healthy and delicious!

2. What a great idea for oatmeal – in pancakes! I’m definitely making these for my family this weekend! Thanks for sharing the recipe & thanks for having me in your blog roll :-)

3. Jess says:

Wow- these are so simple! I can’t wait to try them. Looks like the weather might be warming up where you are???

4. Mary says:

What a great choice to feature. The pancakes sound absolutely delicious and I know they’ll be tried by many of your readers – including me. Have a wonderful day. Blessings…Mary

5. Patrizia says:

In questa casa i pancake sono adorati, soprattutto dalla Fotografa, che li vorrebbe tutti i giorni a colazione (e non li disdegna pure a merenda!!)
    Grazie, proverò questa tua versione, che mi sembra molto golosa!

6. Katrina says:

What an interesting combo of 3 things I would think wouldn’t make pancakes. Totally want to try them. Next time I have cottage cheese. (I always have the other two things.)

7. LeAndra says:

I love recipes that use up what I already had on hand! These look delicious. Now I’m craving pancakes…

8. yum! i LOVE pancakes- will have to try these :)

9. Gio says:

Ciao Paola!!!
    un abbraccio forte!
    che bella la foto e che golosi i tuoi pancakes :P

10. kirstin says:

YUMMY! I will have to mark these. I’m always looking for new pancake recipes. I’m a fellow SRC member, group D

11. Leigh says:

I’ve not tried Oatmeal pancakes before – will have to try the now!
    Unfortunately my post missed the blog hop due to tech issues…argh..here is the link as I’d hate for people to miss seeing Aly’s recipe and her wonderful blog – http://chitchatchomp.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/secret-recipe-club-april.html

12. Jenna says:

Yet another set of pancakes that makes me wish my husband would eat something besides plain buttermilk pancakes. These look delicious and such an easy ingredient list.

13. These sound so delicious and healthy! The perfect start to any day. Great pick!

14. Lisa~~ says:

I love the idea of oatmeal in pancakes and they look perfectly delicious.

If you haven’t already, I’d love for you to check out my SRC entry: Laura Goodenough’s Apple Coffee Cake

Lisa~~

15. AmandaE says:

Love oatmeal pancakes but have never made them at home before – but will have to fix that! Great SRC pick :-)

16. Chiara says:

non ho mai fatto i pancakes ma mi piacerebbe provarci, grazie per la ricetta, sembrano squisiti ! un bacione Pola!

17. Fantastic pancakes! I love oats. :)

18. I love the short ingredient list in this recipe. I haven’t tried oatmeal pancakes yet, but I don’t know what I’m waiting for!

19. Anna says:

No flour? These sound really interesting and good. When my kids were little, I always made them pancakes using a traditional recipe but adding in oatmeal and using apple juice instead of milk. They were really good and filling. I haven’t made those in years, but they’d probably like these better now.

20. I recently made pancakes with oatmeal in them. Its incredible how much more filling they are!

21. I love the ingredient list for these pancakes! I will have to try them sometime.

22. I love oatmeal and I love pancakes: nothing better than bringing the two together!

23. Lisa says:

I have yet to make oatmeal pancakes but when I do, these look to be the ones. I want some for breakfast! Great SRC choice!

24. I am not a good pancake-maker, but I might give this a try. Thanks for sharing with the SRC.