And for today a sweet recipe for a delicious and almost light cheesecake. It is a crustless version of a cheesecake. The filling is simply made with cream cheese, eggs and sugar. To perfume and flavor the cake (and give it an Italian touch) I added the raisins soaked in Marsala.
The Marsala gives the cake a depth of flavor that makes it special. I also beat the whites to stiff peaks to lighten up the texture of the cake and make it softer.
The result is quite addicting!
Crustless Cheesecake with Marsala Raisins
- 8 oz. cream cheese (I used Lebne)
- 2 eggs
- 3 oz. sugar (use more or less to taste)
- 1/3 cup rasins
- 1/3 cup marsala
- Soak the raisins in the marsala
- Separate the eggs. Beat the yolks with the sugar and the cream cheese until the mixture is well blended and pale yellow.
- Drain the raisins and fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- Beat the whites to stiff picks and fold them in the the cream cheese mixture.
- Grease a cake pan and dust it with breadcrumbs.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture in the pan and bake in a 325F oven until golden brown and settled. It will take about 1 hour.
- Serve cold.
- Note the recipe is for a smaller cake, so use a small pan: I used a rather big one and the cake turned out good, but way too thin!