Crostata di ricotta al limone
Last weekend I was asked to bring a dessert to a party and I opted for a ricotta cheese tart flavored with some lemon.
I made it up on the fly starting from a pasta frolla (the Italian version of short pastry) and the ingredients I had on hand for the filling.
It must have turned out good, because it disappeared in 15 minutes flat.
- 1 yolk
- 10 oz flour
- 5 oz. butter
- 3.5 oz. sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 oz. ricotta
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp sugar
- peel of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp lemon marmalade
- Prepare the crust by mixing all the ingredient until they come together. If the mixture is too dry, add a couple of spoon of cold water.
- Wrap in plastic and place in the fridge to cool down.
- Beat the ricotta and sugar until fluffy and flavor with the lemon peel.
- Beat the egg white to stiff picks and incorporate it to the ricotta mixture.
- Roll out 2/3 of the dough, place it in a tart pan and top it with an even layer of lemon marmalade.
- Top with the ricotta mixture.
- Use the leftover dough to decorate the top.
- Bake at 375F for 45 minutes or until the filling is golden brown.
This entry was posted in Cake
and tagged lemon
. Bookmark the permalink