Torta di cioccolato e pere
So another cake for me. This time it is a pear and chocolate cake inspired by this recipe here. And I am using again hot cereal. I like the texture that the hot cereal (which basically are grain grits) bring to the table: it just gives the cake an added crunch that gives the cake more character and makes it more interesting.
Plus pear and chocolate: how can you go wrong? Well I know how: you let it fall on the counter. Like I did. And that is how you end up with the not so good looking cake you see below.
Now the fact that I decided to post the cake anyway, bad picture and all, should tell you that it is a really worthy cake. And indeed it is. Delicious! Go bake it!
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup 10 grain hot cereal (coarse grain flour)
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pear
- 1 oz dark chocolate
- Whip the egg with the sugar. Add the yogurt, the flour and the cereal and mix well.
- Dice the pear (saving a couple of slices to decorate the cake) and the chocolate and toss them in flour.
- Add the pear and chocolate to the batter and add the baking powder.
- Put in a well greased pan (I used a 5 inch pan) and cook for 45 min at 375F or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool down and serve with whipped cream if you like it.
This entry was posted in Cake
and tagged cake
. Bookmark the permalink