Let’s try to get back on track and share another recipe before next year….
lately I have been cooking a lot of simple dishes. Mostly salad or pasta salads. It is probably the beginning of summer heat (although today it is kind of cold here), but I really crave light, bright dishes.
I’ve been using raw or lightly cooked ingredients a lot, added in bright dressings based on lemon juice and stayed largely vegetarian. This pasta was no exception: barely cooked tomatoes and arugula, a little olives and mozarella for flavor and nothing more.
Simple, yet delicious!
Summer Pasta with Arugula
- 7 oz. short pasta (I used cellentani)
- 20-30 cherry tomatoes
- 8-12 pitted kalamata olives
- 6-10 mozzarella cherries
- 1-2 cups arugula
- olive oil
- Boil water and cook pasta al dente according to instructions.
- Meanwhile, slice the cherry tomatoes in half and cook in hot oil for a couple of minutes.
- Add the olives and the arugula and let cook until the arugula is wilted (5-10 minutes).
- Drain the pasta well al dente and add it to the sauce adding a spoon or two of cooking water.
- Add the diced mozzarella and turn off the heat - Mozzarella tends to become gummy if you heat it too much, so don't wait to turn off the heat, the heat of the pasta will be enough to melt the cheese.
- Mix well and serve hot.